Saturday, October 22, 2011

Stampin Llamas Holiday Blog Hop


Mocha Morning Christmas
Don't you just love this paper?  The paper on the front of this card has black flocking on it.  I thought that the swirl on it closely resembled the swirl on the Baroque Motifs stamp set, so I used that swirl with Versamark on the crumb cake on the Merry Christmas panel in the front and on the insert inside.  The Merry Christmas was from the Hand-Penned Holidays and embossed with gold.  All of these card will be included in the next Card Buffet on Wednesday.
Distressed Welcome Christmas
Lovely as a Tree stamp set is so versatile, it can be used year around.  I embossed the single pine using Wild Wasabi embossing powder and the sentiment, Welcome Christmas into your heart, from the Four the Holidays stamp set was embossed in Pewter embossing powder.  I then distressed all of the layers using our Distressing Tool in the Cutter Kit.  Then I sponged all the layers with Soft Suede ink.  I added two of our new Mini Jingle Bells with jute to the retired ribbon that I had also distressed with ink.  I added a pin from the Vintage Trinkets to the right corner of the card.  The second layer of the card is DSP from our new Christmas Lane Scrappin' Kit.
Spice Cake Day of Gratitude
Don't you just love the new Spice Cake DSP?  I used the flower from the Day of Gratitude stamp set with Versamark to watermark the card front.  I used the oak leaf from the Leaves #2 Die then embossed them with the Spider Web Embossing Folder.  The Give Thanks is from the new Hand-Penned Holidays stamp set from the Holiday Mini Catalog.  Thanks for stopping by and here is the next step on our Hop:



12 comments:

Jackie said...

Debbie.
I love the use of you DSP. I don't have either of those, but you make me want them, esp the Mocha.
Jackie

Created by Kath said...

Debbie Love the Mocha Morning.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Debbie such nice projects and you used some of my FAVS. LOVE morning mocha AND Hand-penned Holidays, AND Lovely as a Tree is an all time favorite. Beautiful projects.
Hugs.

Martha said...

Oh, now I'm going to have to buy that hand-penned set just for the Merry Christmas. I love that you matched the Baroque swirl with the mocha paper -- super!

Anonymous said...

Nice projects, Debbie! I love that paper!

Mary said...

I love your choice of colors on the cards. I agree with the others that the DSP is a fantastic pick.
Mary

KatheD said...

These are all great cards, Debbie, makes me wish I could come to Card Buffet! My favorite is the Spice Cake Day of Gratitude and it's the only one I can't even come to close to making, maybe I need more Stampin' Up! supplies, hmm?

That Little Nut said...

Funny how a color as plain as brown can be so beautiful. I never would have thought of using Mocha Morning for a Christmas card. It's gorgeous.

Stephanie Osgood said...

All of your cards are beautiful. I especially love the distressed Christmas card. Simple, basic colors can stand out just as well as bold, bright colors.

Marsha said...

Now I'm going to have to place an order for some of that DSP. Great projects, Debbie.

April Aldstadt said...

I love the details on your projects! Using the spider web as detail on a leaf is a great idea!

Lisa Kmiec said...

Beautiful cards! The first Christmas card is so elegant! And i love the Christmas tree stamped on the First Edition DSP. Very pretty!