Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Colors of Spring - A Stampin' Llamas Blog Hop


The Stampin’ Llamas are hoppin’ into spring! This blog hop showcases gorgeous spring images from the Stampin’ Up!® 2012 Occasions Mini and the 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalog. Most of the projects will also feature the In Colors that will retire at the end of May: Pear Pizzazz, Poppy Parade, Concord Crush, Blushing Bride and Peach Parfait. Once you see what these talented women have created, you'll be wanting these colors for yourself! Best to order them now before they become "While Supplies Last" so you don't miss out!

Polished Stone Simply Soft
Thanks for joining us for another blog hop.  I have been preparing for my next Technique Class and the card above is using the Polished Stone Technique.  The card base is the retiring In Color - Blushing Bride.  I am really going to miss this color, I especially love using it for baby cards.  I stamped the Simply Soft(Hostess Stamp set retiring May 31st) branch with black Stazon and the Dream is from the Loving Thoughts set out of the Occasions Mini Catalog which ends April 30th.


Designer Frames Double Texture Embossing

This is the other card for our next technique class and I have to thank Angie Leach for her great tutorial on how to do this technique.  My ladies will be learning two techniques for this card since I used the Rock n Roll technique on the butterfly also.  See that cute baker's twine on the butterfly body?  That is the new color Calpyso Coral that came out in the Occasions Mini Catalog.  The sentiment is from a new stamp set to me, Delightful Dozen out of the Idea Book and Catalog, it fit just perfect in the Oval Designer Frame.  Once again, I chose to use Blushing Bride for this card.  I guess I was in a pink mood the day I designed these two cards.


Spotlighting Up in the Air
The next two cards are from last week's technique class.  This card was inspired by Mary Brown.  What a great example of the spotlighting technique.  The card base is Pear Pizzazz that is retiring 5/31.  This stamp set, Up in the Air, is a Hostess set from the Occasions Mini that will retire 4/30.


Versa Shadow Mixed Bunch
This card was inspired by Erin Gonzales and her Versa Shadow Technique.  I used the Concord Crush that retires 5/31 as a contrast to the crumb cake card.  Isn't this a great technique?  I used the Mixed Bunch stamp set from the Occasions Mini Catalog and the sentiment is also from the Delightful Dozen, why didn't I buy this stamp set earlier?  I love it.  Thanks for stopping by, next up is Buffy and she always has beautiful creations to inspire me.







Participants
Linda  http://nutty4stampin.blogspot.com/2012/04/colors-of-spring-llama-blog-hop.html

Debbie  http://www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com/2012/04/colors-of-spring-stampin-llamas-blog.html











Llama hop blog:
http://stampinllamas.blogspot.com/

18 comments:

Joanne said...

Debbie, great job on you projects. I really like the double embossing technique - I'll have to look that up. Now I'm tempted to finally by the Delightful Dozen set, too!

Christine said...

Pretty, pretty!

Christine said...

Like your cards. Let the CASEing begin.

Created by Kath said...

Love your cards! That last one makes me wonder if I made a mistake not buying that set.

That Little Nut said...

Love all of your cards, cannot even pick a favorite :)

Darrah said...

I'm off to search for some of those techniques.

Stephanie Osgood said...

Lovely cards. Loved the VersaMark card so much, I had to do a quick search on the technique. Easy to do, but looks very professional. I know what I am doing for my club next month.

Stephanie said...

Debbie,
You are so creative! Love all of your posts, but my favorite is the Mother's Day card. Great job.

Stephanie said...

Debbie,
Love all of your work, but my favorite is the Mother's Day card. Great job!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Debbie great projects for ALL your cards. Love your polished stone (which I've nevered tried yet) and the spotlighting is fantastic. I love spotlighting but haven't done it in a while...you just inspired me to try it again. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

These are all so beautiful, Debbie! I'm a technique junkie, so I'm always thrilled to add new techniques to my "repertoire."

Jackie said...

Beautiful cards. I ALWAYS forget about putting the ribbon thru that punch! and I am a fan of Mary Brown's so love that card.

Marsha Reed said...

Love your cards. Mixed Bunch is a great set!

Marsha Reed said...

Mixed Bunch is a great stamp set. Love your cards.

Marsha Reed said...

Great cards! Love the Mixed Bunch.

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Very pretty Cards!!

Hugs
Shirley

Dale Morin said...

Debbie, What wonderful cards! Great techniques. Love them all but the polished stone is my favorite.

Brenda Rigby Riehle said...

Loved all the blog hop cards, and can't wait to try out a few things I saw myself. Thank you for sharing them.