Saturday, August 27, 2011

Wedding Flirtatious Specialty

Wedding Flirtatious Specialty
I have been enjoying myself the last two days just making cards to help my Mojo.  This card I combined two challenges to compose it.  The first is a {Mojo} Monday #205 and their sketch is as follows:
The second I chose for the fantastic colors and also for the addition of a handmade flower which I made by rolling satin ribbon to make the rose.  This is the first time that I have entered one of their challenges here: The Shabby Tea Room - Sweet Days of Summer and here is their inspiration photo:
When I saw the pinks and peaches I thought of our Flirtatious Specialty DSP and also of the beautiful doilies that come with the paper.  I cut two of the doilies out and thought they made a great flower on their own, then I added the rolled ribbon rose to the center.  Roses always make me think of weddings, so I chose a sentiment from our new stamp set Petite Pairs, this set is great because it gives you the outside as well as the inside sentiments for your card.
Recipe
Stamp:  Petite Pairs
Paper:  Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, Rose Red and Peach Parfait Card Stock and Flirtatious Specialty DSP
Ink:  Rose Red Classic
Accessories:  1 1/4" Circle Punch, Pretty in Pink 5/8" Satin Ribbon, Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch, Small Oval Punch, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Pinking Hearts Corner Punch, Pinking Hearts Border Punch, Snail Adhesive, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Jean Addis said...

Beautiful! Your Mojo is just fine.

Shirley Pumpkin said...

WOW... Beautiful. That rose is Perfect!

Hugs
Shirley

Kris McIntosh said...

What a bright and happy card. Love your handmade flower.

craftystamper said...

Great card Debbie. Love the way you did the flower.

Dale Morin said...

Really beautiful!

Lisa Kmiec said...

That rose is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!Thank you for sharing your beautiful card this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)