Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Well Worn Birthday

Well Worn Birthday
Today is my husband's birthday and I have been contemplating the card that I want to create for him.  For me, a male card is sooooo hard.  It is a challenge to think outside of the female/flower/froufrou box.  I will come up with a unique card to show you tomorrow, but for now here is one that I have on my card buffet.    I have to thank Dawn Olchefske for this idea.  Don't you just love how easy it is and what a great way to use up dsp scraps.  If you cut your dsp for card fronts, first cut the 12x12 into three 4x12 strips.  Then with each of these cut into 4x5 1/4 and you will get six card fronts out of one sheet of dsp!  Then the bonus is that you will also have three pieces of 4x1 1/2 strips and those I used for this card, punching out the circles with the 1 1/4" circle punch.  You could make a card for children or adults with this theme. 

I am making many cards for our soldiers by donating cards to Operation Write Home.  Our local ladies will be having a card making day for Operation Write Home on Thursday, April 12th from 10 to 4pm at the Sallie Logan Library in Murphysboro, IL.  Please come and join us, but if you can't we can always use donations of paper, envelopes(A2 size) or money for postage.  Email me with questions or donations.  Last year our small group sent 552 cards and this year we plan to beat that number.

Recipe:
Stamp:  Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Early Espresso
Paper:  Well Worn DSP, Early Espresso and Naturals Ivory Card Stock
Accessories:  1 1/4" circle punch, Modern Label and Word Window Punches

No comments: