Saturday, January 29, 2011
Stylish Blogger Award and Pay it Forward
On Monday, Penny Hanuszak of Penny Tokens Stampin Spot awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award. I must say that I was totally blown away and had to think for awhile of who I would pay it forward to and the 8 random things about myself that I wanted to share with you.
The Stampin' Up! family is a wonderful group to work with. Everyone is happy to answer questions, make suggestions and encourage each other. I feel very fortunate that I am one of this extraordinary group.
So here are the random things about me:
1. I have my degree in accounting and my first job out of college was working for the IRS as an Auditor.
2. Thirty years ago, I married my best friend, Scott and each year it gets better.
3. I have two children, Luella, who will be 28 on the 28th of February, and has been married to Andrew, who is doing his residency and will be finished in June, for 3 years. They are in the process of doing interviews in Minn, Wisc, S. Dakota and Iowa. Where ever they end up, it will be a long trip for us to go see them. :( My son, Willie, will be 26 in March, he and his wife Traci, are Band Music teachers in Raceland, Louisiana, also a long trip. :(
4. I have three cats. My son says I will eventually become a cat woman with 100 cats, but I don't like to clean litter boxes that much. HA!
5. After watching the movie, Bucket List!, I started my own bucket list on Excel. I have actually gone two places on my list.
6. I love watching Food Network, and the reality shows, Project Runway and Top Chef. Part of the items on my bucket list are places that Guy Fieri has gone to on Dinners, Drive-ins and Dives. I would love to take a trip around the country just visiting the places he has on his shows. I have been to two of the places one in Springfield, IL and one in New Orleans.
7. For our 30th Anniversary trip we went all out and went to Vegas for a week. We don't gamble or drink, but we went to the mountains and even went Zip Lining on Bootleg Canyon Zip Lines to take one of my husband's bucket list items off. I kept telling him that I really loved him to do this, but I ended up having a great time and would go again if he asked. We stayed at the Trump, it was so quite and beautiful.
8. My husband asked me to start scrapbooking our children's lives. I said, it's expensive, he replied he knew but wanted me to anyway. That started me on this whole process. Someone asked me at Scrapbooking at the Library to teach them how to make a card. I had never made one, so I checked out books and finally ended up going to a card making class at the local scrapbooking store. I liked it so much, I went to another and signed up to be a demonstrator that night. That was August of 2009 and I have been a happy camper since. I look forward to getting out of bed every morning to see what I can create that day. Love it!
Now to pass the awards forward:
Wanda at My Creative Corner
Ida at 604Cloth, Paper, Scissors
Michelle at Michelle's Great Paper Chase
Elin at Elin's Elegant Designs
Cristena at Gettin' Crafty
Lori at Stamping with Lulu
Maria at craftymariasstampingworld
Julie at Julie B's Stampin' Space
This has been fun, now go check out these ladies and tell them I sent you. Bye Stampers!