Monday, January 17, 2011

Heart Pin Card for January 24th Class

Heart Pin Card

I promised my customers a card that had a removable pin on it.  At the same time I decided to play along with three challenges today.  The first is Mojo Monday 174
Also The Scrapmaster's Paradise Color Combo #83 :
Also the PPC Specialty Challenge - Heat/Dry Embossing!

This was a real challenge, getting a pin on the card so that I could be removed by the receiver of the the card.  After stamping the card and coloring it with markers, I then stamped Versamark all over the heart.  I then applied glassy glaze(UTEE) and heated that with the Heat Tool.  A hair dryer won't work for this, you have to use the heat tool, the dryer can not get hot enough to melt the glassy glaze.

I then glued a pin to the back of the heart with a hot glue gun.  I then opened the prongs on the brad and inserted it into my pin.
Then I put the brad through the scalloped circles and it works!  I was able to take the pin out and place it back on the card.
I love a challenge, off to create my other two cards.  Check out the recipe below:

Stamp Set:

Ink:

Paper:
Stampin' Up! Packing Material

Accessories:


4 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

Super cute! I love the pin.

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

cute card & the pin is great! Thanks for playing along with PPC this week
~Paula a PPC Creator

Unknown said...

Wow, Momma! Fancy Fancy!! So creative!

Bev Gomez said...

nice card and nice blog. Following you from SC! Bev