Saturday, January 29, 2011

Iris Fold Valentine's Card

One of my friends/customer Mari found several Iris Fold cards on the internet and asked me to make one in class.  I found this site with free patterns: Creations by Dedra and decided to try an Iris Fold Card, here is my first one:


Iris Fold Valentine Card




This will be one of the three cards we make at the February 7th Valentine Card class.  I loved making it and will be looking for more shapes to make.
Recipe:
Paper:
Early Espresso, In Color Designer Series Paper Pack(Hostess), Whisper White
Accessories:
Early Espresso 5/8" Satin Ribbon, Heart Small Punch

A big Thank You goes to Kim Score at: Paper Punch Addiction for including my blog in her Punch Inspiration for 1/28/11.  I really appreciate her including me and sending others my way!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debbie ... I am so excited to make this Iris card! It reminds me of quilting. Thanks for adding it to our class project for Valentine's Day.

Mari

LuellaTahirih said...

I love the card but I love the ribbon more. You'll have to teach me!

Shari Winterstein said...

Beautiful job on your iris folding. I am getting inspired to do it again. :) Thanks for blessing my day.

Sandi said...

Oh my gosh Debbie, I was just looking at your blog and I saw you left a comment on my blog!!! Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a note (love that). The reason I came to your blog was because you were featuring an Iris Fold Valentine card, and I am making one as a design team member. I love to do the Iris Fold technique and have quite a few on my blog in the past (in particular Christmas 2009). You did a beautiful job on your very first try -- love your DSP choices. I have to do a different layout but you will be able to see it on LNS! Thanks again for stopping by (really weird how we were both looking at each other's blogs).
Sandi Dailey
gdailey@concentric.net

Gopi said...

Oh wow what a great card! Definitely a project from the heart...This is soo different from all the card posts I've seen today...tfs!

I'm following you via SC.

Please stop my blog as well...thanks!
http://www.createmepink.blogspot.com

Colleen G said...

I Just LOVE THIS CARD!!!I love all the detail and that fold. TFS!

Anonymous said...

brinkka2011 says: Hi, I love your weblog. Is there some thing I can do to obtain updates like a subscription or some thing? Im sorry Im not acquainted with RSS?